Discuss Connector blocks in DBs in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've heard it said many times that connector blocks are not allowed to extend cables inside DBs and whilst I agree it's not good practice, I've never found a regulation that specifically prohibits the use of connectors blocks. Does anyone know of a regulation number regarding this?

I've heard it said many times that connector blocks are not allowed to extend cables inside DBs and whilst I agree it's not good practice, I've never found a regulation that specifically prohibits the use of connectors blocks. Does anyone know of a regulation number regarding this?
A DB is full of screw-terminal connections already - can't see the problem with another one! Daz

I just twist together tape and move on.

Joke by the way I've used wago before inside when all other avenues exhausted and can't practically or financially be avoided

12p for a push-in splice connector 30 secs to fit. solder and heatshrink + time about £8. which is best for a budget?

12p for a push-in splice connector 30 secs to fit. solder and heatshrink + time about £8. which is best for a budget?
£8 will give 100g of solder and 11meters of heatshrink. that should last for a while. takes 2 minutes to do the joint if you have already hot iron.

time to plug iron in. search the van for solder, wait for it to warm up, solder the joint, then unsolder as you forgot to put the H/S on first, then get the heat gun from under the front seat where you forgot it was. sod it. i'm packed up and in the pub while youre waiting for your iron to cool down.

beaten to it. 32A and the beauty is that, as thery're in line. 1 conductor each end, they's neater than wagos. line products do them, as do amazon and ebay.

Ideal Spliceline? In-Line Push-In Wire Connector - Box 100 | eBay
Are they 14.27 quid each or is that for a packet of them?

**edit** sorry, ignore that I see it's a box of 100.

I usually ferrule and heat shrink, always found it most reliable, quick, cheap and easy plus it leaves a very low profile connection not much thicker than the wire itself.

Last edited:

Reply to Connector blocks in DBs in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net