Discuss conservatory electrics... points pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just seeing if any of you chaps do regular work for a conservatory company....?

Got a meeting next week with possible new contract and want to finalise my points pricing.

Got everything ready apart from fan?

Was thinking £90 not including materials for fan+controller..... any thoughts please ?

Sy

Points Pricing... again sorry

Fair enough..... I didnt mean £90/point for every point that would be nice !!

Just thought as fan + controller would be a couple of points?

Just want to see how you would price these per point, thank u...?

a/ 2 gang switch : 1gang switching 1 x centre light and 1gang switching 2 x wall lights ? (5 points ?)

b/ panel heater and spur ?

c/ outside socket ?

d/ underfloor heating programmer and spur ?

Bear with me I'm a bit new to this just trying to learn/get it right so don't over/underprice myself :)

Thanks again,

Sy

You ask this same question over and over Sythai, I think it's fair to say that either people don't price this way or they just don't want to share the knowledge.

Re: Points Pricing... again sorry

Fair enough..... I didnt mean £90/point for every point that would be nice !!

Just thought as fan + controller would be a couple of points?

Just want to see how you would price these per point, thank u...?

a/ 2 gang switch : 1gang switching 1 x centre light and 1gang switching 2 x wall lights ? (5 points ?)
Plastic, brass, chrome???

Are you supplying the heater?
c/ outside socket ?
Make

Usually come as a kit....is it just the wiring you're pricing.

Bear with me I'm a bit new to this just trying to learn/get it right so don't over/underprice myself :)

Thanks again,

Sy

:)......

Plastic switch and cable (not the actual lights themselves)

Just the spur (plastic) and cable

c/ outside socket ?
Mid range one

Just the wiring of spur and programer and cable supplying spur

:)

You ask this same question over and over Sythai, I think it's fair to say that either people don't price this way or they just don't want to share the knowledge.
Reckon your probably right there, suppose I do sound like a bit of stuck record, have posted couple of times on this subject before and never really got a definate answer I was looking for:(

Oh well no worries... topic closed on my behalf :)

I wasn't having a pop at you sythai, please don't think that. Was merely pointing out (and possibly making others feel bad) that you're not getting a lot of responses. You keep asking mate.

If supplying the materials, then I would add 25% on top.

How long will the job tke you? How many times will you need to go back? Is it local or a bit of a trek for you?

These are the things I use when thinking of pricing. For instance, i've started to get all the work from a bathroom fitter now. He doesn't even get quote anymore and for this I tend to quote him good prices as I know he will being passing any work my way.

Reply to conservatory electrics... points pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock