Discuss conservatory electrics in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rutterkyn

Hi everyone
Just moved into a house which has a conservatory and we seem to have a little problem with the electrics. The previous tenants had put the conservatory up and taken the electric from a double socket in the living room, This powers a ceiling light a 500 watt outside light, 6 double sockets and an A/C unit. When the housing association checked the electrics when we moved in it was deemed unsafe and was disconnected from the electric supply. The A/C unit will be removed as soon as i can find someone who wants it and who is willing to take it down. Can anyone give me some advice on how to remedy this electrical nightmare.
Many Thanks
Rutterkyn

pretty straight forward for a spark, only trouble with conys is running cables, usually half brick solid walls glass roof and concrete floor.

best advice is to call in a qualified sparks. ok, it will cost you a few quid, but better than messing about in the dark. what area are you? maybe one of us is near and can help.

Remove the air con unit

Test existing installation

Convert the 500w into a 28w2d low energy outside light

Put a 13A fused spur for the sockets and a 3a fused spur for the light.

A bit of a bodge, but safe, cheap and not too messy!

I may do a deal for the aircon unit if your local???

Hi
Thanks for your help, I am in the Bracknell area, maybe a Bit far out for you cbw.. Thought i might be able to sort it myself but maybe best to leave it to someone who knows what they are doing.
regards
rutterkyn

Reply to conservatory electrics in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net