Discuss Considering buying a new MFT. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning..

I'm happyish with my Metrel MI3000, but the loop test is playing up which means having to use the non trip function at times even when there's no RCD which apart from being time consuming is also not as accurate. Quoted price to fix £375!!!!! Ridiculous!

So.. I was reading through PE and I notice the article on the Megger1741 on page 44. In particular I like the fact it only needs 2 leads to do a loop test with an RCD in situ.

I guess I have 2 questions:

1. Does anyone have first hand experience of this 2 lead loop test (with RCD in situ). Does it always work? Does it ever trip the RCD?

2. In general is the Megger1741 a good buy?

Cheers :)

I have a Megger 1730. It does a low current two wire test. I've used it before now, at similar adjacent points on a circuit, compared with three wire. Got the same results. Never tripped RCD.

Never really had much of a problem with low current 3 wire tests myself.

Reply to Considering buying a new MFT. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm just starting to fit EV chargers as part of our solar installs. Just looking at the tester options I currently have a Megger 1711 but this...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
The seller is saying they will not upgrade the electric and it is normal to have 100 amps. However the inspector is stating it may trip often and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we had our gas hob removed months ago and finally just got round to putting an induction hob in. Its a normal 4 ring induction but one of...
Replies
Views
Had a new unvented Boiler fitted as the old one had reached the end of it's life. Electrician mentioned that it might be worth replacing my fuse...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock