Discuss Constant battle with dryliners.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Does any one else suffer with this? I’ve spray painted cables that need pulling through and anything else to be left above plasterboard for when downlights/speakers are cut out but they've pulled them all out, not pulling cables out you’ve marked to be pulled out, trapped cables, wrapping cables around MF ceiling supports and pipes, absolutely shocking cutting out around back boxes, pulling cables out high level even though you’ve clipped them down and coiled them up to be pulled out low level....The list goes on. I seem to get it on nearly every job and had enough of it. I don’t know how I can make it any more easy for them.

I’ve mapped out all the cables so I know where they are including the cables they’ve supposed to of pulled through. To be an arse about it I’ve told the site agent that he needs to drop the double boarding they’ve just done in one flat and find the cables and pull them through. I felt like chinning the dryliners today :mad:

Lee i know your pain mate, i usually go straight to the site manager and voice my anger and just mention contra-charge. That usually works on commercial jobs, if that falls on deaf ears or its domestic stuff i make a massive pig on getting the cables where i want them. I literally just take my hammer out and make it easy for me, or i will unscrew the board and leave down with the corners booted off.

I had a job last year where they boarded a kitchen before it was even wired. I walked in to the flat just as one of their idiots was putting the scrim tape on ready to tape and joint. I said to the idiot “That’s not been wired yet” his reply “I don’t give a F as I’m on price”. I proceeded to pull the scrim tape of and nearly ended up having a roll about with him over it. He eventually backed down when he could see I was ready for it :D

Does any one else suffer with this? I’ve spray painted cables that need pulling through and anything else to be left above plasterboard for when downlights/speakers are cut out but they've pulled them all out, not pulling cables out you’ve marked to be pulled out, trapped cables, wrapping cables around MF ceiling supports and pipes, absolutely shocking cutting out around back boxes, pulling cables out high level even though you’ve clipped them down and coiled them up to be pulled out low level....The list goes on. I seem to get it on nearly every job and had enough of it. I don’t know how I can make it any more easy for them
it is no good when the walls a full of moon craters .now start filling them in when I hit with a shovel .

Worked with a few like that over the years and yeah they are annoying but then I think they've got enough problems being mere boarders so end up feeling sorry for em.
I have always said if every trade was as thoughtful as electricians the work place would be a much better place.

I remember years ago a lad had drilled all his joists out ready for the first fix the day after, he actually worked late to get himself in front only to come in the day after to find the plumber had used them all for is copper pipe .
The lad had the last laugh though by ripping it all out and weighing it in, the drinks were on the wetpants that night.

I remember years ago a lad had drilled all his joists out ready for the first fix the day after, he actually worked late to get himself in front only to come in the day after to find the plumber had used them all for is copper pipe .
The lad had the last laugh though by ripping it all out and weighing it in, the drinks were on the wetpants that night.
I generally find that drilling a few 2mm holes in their pipes when they have done things like that works better. Especially when they arrive and let them know it not a problem I will just drill some more holes.

This is why I avoid site work Lee, I'd say at least 75% of the idiots don't have their minds on the work and just couldn't care less. Individual new builds don't seem so bad as you get the same small team throughout the project and barring the occasional tawt [They're everywhere it seems :D] you all tend to work together and help each other where you can.

This is why I avoid site work Lee, I'd say at least 75% of the idiots don't have their minds on the work and just couldn't care less. Individual new builds don't seem so bad as you get the same small team throughout the project and barring the occasional tawt [They're everywhere it seems :D] you all tend to work together and help each other where you can.
Yeah I still do one off new builds for a few small builders. I find there are pros and cons to both though. One of the builders seems to think I only work for him when I have one of his jobs on the go o_O

I generally find that drilling a few 2mm holes in their pipes when they have done things like that works better. Especially when they arrive and let them know it not a problem I will just drill some more holes.
I had similar once but the Ahole cut a 2.5 in the loft and the banged a clip over it :mad: he somehow ended up with a 5p coin in a plastic elbow though :D

It's even more annoying when you're running the job, have taken time to explain to the bloke tacking exactly what pokes through and what should be left up, only to come back an hour later and find that the ---- has completely ignored you and done basically whatever the ---- he felt like!
Once upon a time I thought double clipping cables at bottom of joists forcing them down for smokes and pendants would make it clear....if it works it makes life difficult later for me, and half the time it doesn't work anyway and bellends just wack the board up trapping wires anyway!
I now tack my own ceillings on my jobs, and leave the drylining to them, harder to board over a backbox!

I’m on a job with boys like this, they’ve been doing lots of trades the whole job, and I’ve had issues with it all, but now the painter is on site and he’s well in with the owner and has been going mad as they’ve done so many things now.

Easy cowboy, getting into a tussle is just going to mess up your hair and get scuffs your snakeskin boots.
Plus if he starts sweating his fake tan is going to start running and ruin his bleached jeans.

Reply to Constant battle with dryliners.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock