Discuss Consumer unit advice please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

zdibu

-
Reaction score
Hello, looking for advice. Need to change two old CU which are next to each other. Is it better to do one or simply replace that into two new units?

20170826_134747.jpg

20171211_181447.jpg

One is off peak, for storage radiators. If you no longer have storage heaters then you could convert the circuits to siciets.

Haha, got it. Anyway to get rid of it I need to contact the supplier right? Who's responsible for that radioswitch? I assume that will be new meter as well.

Sorry, comes from having fat fingers and a small keyboard on the phone! Meant sockets. Teleswitch is property of supplier, they will remove it with 2 rate meter and fit single rate one.

Reply to Consumer unit advice please. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok, most new Consumer unit seem to come with a 63A RCCB and two MCBs. Most house consumer units now will also have RCD of some type be it a dual...
Replies
Views
hello all...whats the typical cost for a new consumer unit fitted and the old wired fuse box removed im in a semi detached house in...
Replies
Views
Help please! I need a Tesla Gen 2 EV charger fitted in my garage which is 22m from the consumer unit. My electrician is proposing to route a 6mm...
Replies
Views
I wondered if it is OK to have 2 x Main Switches in the same consumer unit. One feeding the RCBOs in the House and one feeding the CU in a garage...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock