Discuss Consumer unit changes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

Welshsparky

What's the going rate for a 10 way consumer unit change with upgraded tails these days? I seem to be getting ndercut left right and centre at the minute!

I charge £350 in essex and win most so i could probably go a little higher but I'm happy with that

Unfortunately it's one of those jobs thats very easy to cut corners on.......forget bonding,tails and testing...wack it on as a straight replacement and you could probably do it in a couple of hours including travel....until the rcd trips,in which case you swap it for a DP isolator...keep a stock on the van just in case.......The concientious sparky hasnt got a dogs chance against that.

Your location in the UK has a bearing too.

Yes certainly, london and the south east is generally a little more expensive(especially London probably more £500)

I can usually do a cu change in an easy day, be done by early afternoon and try to fit a small job in on the way home, when it goes trouble free and the bonding is not too hard

I never ask for cash but nearly always seem to get cash payments when doing domestics, suppose customers just assume that's what you want?!

So welsh sparky what are you charging then?

I charge £350
Only would be lower if I did an EICR prior To c.u change.

I think thats very reasonable most guys on here are charging around that. When you say £100 less is that actual quote or is that the customer saying that so as to try and lower it? So customers like to haggle as if it's like a boot sale

I got out priced on a kitchen refurb the other week. £300 they beat me by! do you know what, I've not slept a wink since lmao.

If silly fools want to work for silly money then you have only two choices. Leave them to it and possibly clean up the aftermath OR play their game. My sofa and computer chair are far too comfy for that malarky so I go with the first option... Can't beat a nice cold cider whilst reading posts on here at lunch time lol

PS my price is £350 for a fault free board. This includes tails/main earth but does not include bondage... Oh no, an extra charge is applied for that :D

Reply to Consumer unit changes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock