Discuss Consumer Unit internal links in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevyn

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for somewhere that supplies internal consumer unit links, as my wholesalers say they cannot get them and I do not want to buy a whole consumer unit just for the links. I have thought about using meter tails but as the consumer unit I need them for is fairly busy they wont do.

Any help appreciated

Hi all,

I am looking for somewhere that supplies internal consumer unit links, as my wholesalers say they cannot get them and I do not want to buy a whole consumer unit just for the links. I have thought about using meter tails but as the consumer unit I need them for is fairly busy they wont do.

Any help appreciated
Having a thick moment, CU Links? what are they?

Just be mindful, depending on your intentions, some of these 'links' aren't very long, so might prove problematic. Also, if you are adding additional RCD (e.g.), you'll need to put two connections into one terminal. Think MK do them (K5568 & 67), but you would need to ask, as there doesn't seem to be any pics on the net.

Thanks for all the answers team, an MK split load kit is the type of thing I am looking for although its not exactly right.

Basically the job I need them for is as follows:

Another spark has tried to update a consumer unit to amd 3 by replacing the main switch with an RCD, which has caused issue when testing the RCD tripping times.

Thanks for all the answers team, an MK split load kit is the type of thing I am looking for although its not exactly right.

Basically the job I need them for is as follows:

Another spark has tried to update a consumer unit to amd 3 by replacing the main switch with an RCD, which has caused issue when testing the RCD tripping times.
How so??

When testing the tripping times on the second RCD it trips the first RCD and not the second, therefore the installation is covered, in theory, by one RCD only. I know the installation is covered by a working RCD etc but I feel its not the way it should be done

When testing the tripping times on the second RCD it trips the first RCD and not the second, therefore the installation is covered, in theory, by one RCD only. I know the installation is covered by a working RCD etc but I feel its not the way it should be done
Where are you conducting the RCD tests from? the RCD itself or a local socket or circuit?

I actually prefer updating 16th Ed boards if I can - the combination of 1 RCD and a number of RCBO's is ideal.

I never install dual RCD boards these days............. RCBO's every time for me!

Reply to Consumer Unit internal links in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net