SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss consumer unit smoking in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Here is a picture of the garage type cu that connects my 15kW solar to the main fuse. The brown wire was too short so two pieces were joined with a choc block. My electrician suggested that the chock block screws were too loose & caused the smouldering. He has replaced all the wires & in doing so noticed the screws in the mcb were not tight either. The image shows that the metal case was a couple of millimetres from the live insides of the melted chock block. That was lucky as I was messing about with the tripping fuse the evening before & it had 30 Amps running through it! Also we were told we were days away from a serious fire.
I suppose chock blocks should not have been used & if so made sure they were tight. I am so grateful that my wife smelled the burning & turned it all off until my good friend turned up to fix it. Solar electricians may need their work checking, what do you think.

garage consumer unit fire.jpg

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Charlie_

-
Arms
You must be logged in to see the message.

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

richy3333

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to consumer unit smoking in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom