Discuss Contactor wiring help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jacko

-
Reaction score
Hello, I’m need some advice on how a contactor is wired please and where the neutral go. I’m told it is connected to eco 7 and controls 3 heaters in a domestic flat. It stopped working after an electrician did something on a different circuit in the consumer unit.

The contactor is an Eaton cr2540230.

At the moment there is 3 lives coming from 3 MCB’s and they go into the bottom of the contactor in terminals 2,4 and 6.

Then 3 lives feed the heaters from the top of the contactor in terminals 1,3 and 5.

The neutral from the N bar is connected to A2 and the outgoing N is connected in terminal 7(13).

There is noting in A1.

Does this sound correct?

I’ve added a photo.

Thanks41D750D1-754D-452E-9BA5-9E1BCB9EA7ED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that is an 'outgoing' neutral, its probably the switched live from the controller which should go to A1
So your saying the switched live in to A1, the neutral in to A2 and the 3 live in at the bottom and out at the top?

Attachments

• 0649B8ED-7F71-43C7-83B7-1F609EF052F1.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 20
  • BF5B2A9D-9A90-49B5-B6EC-7BCCE4DFE108.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 20
Or 3 live in the top, and out at the bottom.

Definitely needs a live and neutral across A1-A2 to pull the coil in.

1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 are just normally open switches.

7-8 will be the same as 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6
not sure about (13)-(14)…. It’s the same terminal.

As suggested above, the black wire in 7 showing too much copper at the moment, should be in A1

(13) and (14) normally denote auxiliary contacts often of a lower current carrying rating. Your contactor is deemed four pole so it is assumed they are the same rating as the others but are noted for auxiliary purposes also.

Reply to Contactor wiring help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net