Discuss Contactor wiring question......... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

anthanth

Hi all.

I have to wire this contactor below next week. Can any one help with the below questions?

Schneider LC1D25B7 Te-sys Contactor 11Kw 380/400V 25Amp 3 pole AC3 with 24Vac coil 50hz and N/O & N/C auxiliary contacts

I have 24v transformer providing power in it. which goes in on A1 and A2 i presume. Does it matter which is
N or Live??

As i m looking for a normally open contact do i bring the live into 2L1 then come out of 1L1 ?? Or do i use
the connections on the front as in 13 and 14??

If any one has any info that would be great.

many thanks

A1 A2 doesnt matter.

1L1 2L1 are the load contacts, 13 14 are auxillary with far lower rating.

Ahha ok. nice one for that. I guess the neutral load out has nothing to do with the contactor then??

Still slightly confused as i ordered a NO contactor why it has the option of NC on the front??

thanks for your help

Most contactors will have a normally closed terminal, it can be used for locking on a DOL starter or used for warning lights on a failure of some kind.

Contactors will not have either LINE/NEUTRAL loads just loads, but you can wire a 230v LINE/NEUTRAL into the unit and have double pole isoloation

OK yes.

So this could be used for 3 phases where the neutral would not pass through contactor or as it
is single phase use a pole for Live ( 1L1 and 2T1) and N (3 L2 and 4T2)

24c supply on the A1 and A2 coil. As this is 24V 1.5 mm cable should be ok.

Have i got that right now??

cheers

Your there yes, some applications will call for 3phase and Neutrals to go through the contactor which is why they make 4 pole contactors, but in normal cases then, you would have the neutral unswitched.

1.5mm is fine, normally if it was in a panel you would use 1.00mm/1.55mm

24c supply on the A1 and A2 coil. As this is 24V 1.5 mm cable should be ok.

it's not the 24V that determines the size of the cable, but the current drawn by the coil, which is very low compared to the load. that is why contactors are used. so a small diametre cable can be used for the switching of a large load.

24Vac according to the op's link in post 1.

Reply to Contactor wiring question......... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net