Discuss Continuity Between Line and Earth in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just tested the end to end resistance on a ring main at a socket outlet. Readings are spot on however when changing the crocodile clips I notice that I have around 600ohms of resistance between the Line and Earth conductors. The system is TT. What could be the cause of this?

When set up for testing ring continuity, the earthing scheme in use shouldn't make any difference to the resistance reading L-E as both line and neutral should be disconnected from the rest of the installation.

OP: To slightly extend Rockingit's question, what would happen if there were in fact a 600Ω resistance L-E and the system were energised? What leakage current would flow? How much power would be dissipated?

Reply to Continuity Between Line and Earth in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am wiring up a new kitchen and conservatory. I'm not sure why I checked continuity between line and the metal back box of the light switch, but...
Replies
Views
Over the last few days, I have stumbled across a number of threads that seem to point to a prevalent misunderstanding. Either that, or I have been...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views
5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock