Discuss continuity of ring final circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

Just doing end to end test

line - line 0.51ohms seems fine

cpc-cpc 0.91 ohms seems fine

But N- N reading is coming up 1.46 Kilo ohms ??!!! any thoughts

I am doing 2392-10 and am fairly green.............be gentle

angus

Definitely as above.

I have had similar, and all it took was a half turn with the screwdriver to go from about 500 ohm to about 0.45ohm.
Fortunately, it is just this easy sometimes.

Cheers........Howard

it's finding where to use the screwdriver that's the hard part

yeah definatley a bad connection had a line-line the other week when checking for a kitchen fitter, 4.46ish k ohms. Turned out to be a poor connection and burnt out in the back of a socket.

it's finding where to use the screwdriver that's the hard part

Depends where you're testing.
I&Ting hotel bedrooms once, virtually every room the RFCs had bad readings and just about every socket we removed to look at had loose connections or just pulled out completly. The manager was not happy, only rewired a few years earlier. We left him digging out the installers details.

Not always a bad connection, had it before where the installer had twisted the conductors together and it had broken, giving a high end to end reading. More often than not it will just be a dodgy connection.

Just gotta hope it's at a socket and not a JB under the floor!

Is this a question in theory or something you have just come across in the field?

Reply to continuity of ring final circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would love some help understanding an issue I’m having on a 16mm SWA cable running from the CU in my house to the CU in the shed. I believe...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Over the last few days, I have stumbled across a number of threads that seem to point to a prevalent misunderstanding. Either that, or I have been...
Replies
Views
I have been going round in circles with this question. I just cant seem to get an answer remotely close to the options. Continuity of a ring...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock