Discuss Continuity test doubt in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thank you. In fact today I tried crimping a few times with random wires just to try and the result was quite good. I only have a wire stripper that is also a crimper, so it won't be a professional result but who cares. I didn't find eyelet connectors of the perfect size but it doesn't matter. Tomorrow I'll do the repair :)

Thank you. In fact today I tried crimping a few times with random wires just to try and the result was quite good. I only have a wire stripper that is also a crimper, so it won't be a professional result but who cares. I didn't find eyelet connectors of the perfect size but it doesn't matter. Tomorrow I'll do the repair :)

Let us know how it goes.

Do you think it could be a good idea to sand the free ground point (at least I suppose it's a ground point) until it's bare metal? The already occupied one seems to have little room for a new connector. Thanks again

Attachments

• Continuity test doubt 20210602_140925 - EletriciansForums.net
    20210602_140925.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 16
Do you think it could be a good idea to sand the free ground point (at least I suppose it's a ground point) until it's bare metal? The already occupied one seems to have little room for a new connector. Thanks again

Wouldn't do any harm yes. Cover it with a bit of grease when you've bolted the terminal up.

I just cut the ground connector's wire and the conductor is damaged. I don't know if it was the wire stripper or it was already like this. Do I have to cut in Another point or can I continue like this even with a reduced copper wire section? Thank you

Attachments

• Continuity test doubt IMG-20210605-WA0002 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG-20210605-WA0002.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 16
I just cut the ground connector's wire and the conductor is damaged. I don't know if it was the wire stripper or it was already like this. Do I have to cut in Another point or can I continue like this even with a reduced copper wire section? Thank you

I'd try and cut back a bit further if there's enough spare. Not critical though.

Repair done. It seems to work fine. Now I have 4.997V at the connector, so it's a proper ground. And from diagnosis I read exactly the value of the sensor (translated from Ohm to Celsius obviously). Thank you for help guys. If anyone is interested I'll post some pics :)

Repair done. It seems to work fine. Now I have 4.997V at the connector, so it's a proper ground. And from diagnosis I read exactly the value of the sensor (translated from Ohm to Celsius obviously). Thank you for help guys. If anyone is interested I'll post some pics :)

Great stuff! All the best, and send a photo yes.

Here some pics. I jointed the wires making a braid and folding it on itself. Than I covered with shrinking tube and tape. If you carefully watch the engine bay you see on the left the new ground with the blue connector, and if you follow the wire you see the 1.5 meters path back to the connector. Hope it will last, seems solid.

Attachments

• Continuity test doubt VideoCapture_20210605-181046 - EletriciansForums.net
    VideoCapture_20210605-181046.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Continuity test doubt VideoCapture_20210606-112924 - EletriciansForums.net
    VideoCapture_20210606-112924.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Continuity test doubt VideoCapture_20210606-113004 - EletriciansForums.net
    VideoCapture_20210606-113004.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 5
  • Continuity test doubt VideoCapture_20210606-113041 - EletriciansForums.net
    VideoCapture_20210606-113041.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Continuity test doubt VideoCapture_20210606-113126 - EletriciansForums.net
    VideoCapture_20210606-113126.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Continuity test doubt in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock