Discuss Contra charges after non payment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all. New here, just a question if any one has had a similar experience.
Halfway through a small domestic rewire, builder wouldn’t pay so long story short, had to take to court, awarded my way, but builder refused to pay still. Got bailiff involved, builder paid and I haven’t been asked to go back and complete (why would o want to though).
Now builder trying to Contracharge for items that we had no control over.
Any thoughts on how to go forward without going legal again?
thanks.

need more info. like what;s he trying to charge for etc.

need more info. like what;s he trying to charge for etc.
Basically we left the job 60% complete about 18 months ago, now they have someone else completing it and they can’t find a couple of cables at the DB. Since we left, so much more work has been done to the structure of the building (floors down, ceilings up) so cables would of been left away from the DB as we were waiting for floors to go down to run the cables in. So floors are down and cables are either above the ceiling or under the floors. The builder wants to charge us for ripping up floors and ceilings down to find cables.

Thanks Both.
I have now found out they are seasoned knockers, only this time I took them to court and previously they had always just ignored other contractors or threaten them with action if they didn’t return. I was comfortable not returning due to the circumstances before, but wanted some others opinions. Thanks again.

If this caries on, just inform him: "We can not be held responsible for other trades removing our cables whilst we where not in attendance on site due to your non payment of works already carried out", the wording is important.

Reply to Contra charges after non payment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock