Discuss Control 4 and relays in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Royalbluespark

Hi
Maybe it's an easy task but I could do with some help. I want to link 2 outside lights integrating into a control 4 door station (intercom) so when someone presses the intercom the lights will come on. On the intercom there is a n/c, n/o and a common terminals which I have a cat 5 running to a 4 pole relay.
in the enclosed photo I have a 240v feed to A1(live) and A2(neutral). Where do I terminate the n/o and common (cat 5) and where do I terminate the outgoing light.

I'm grateful for the help and advice if you can give me.
cheers
Royalbluespark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 46
Surely the trigger should be in A1 & A2 of the relay. Where are the 230V cables in A1 & A2 coming from.

You need to pull in that relay using the relay in the intercom. The intercom contacts are volt free! You need to introduce 230VAC into them. Are they rated at 230?

Then you need a supply through the new relay to the light.

Both circuits need to be correctly fused.

All you have at the moment is a relay that's always energised and a unsuitable cable......

You need to pull in that relay using the relay in the intercom. The intercom contacts are volt free! You need to introduce 230VAC into them. Are they rated at 230?

Then you need a supply through the new relay to the light.

Both circuits need to be correctly fused.

All you have at the moment is a relay that's always energised and a unsuitable cable......
The destructions state +12 volts for controls so surely cat5 would be fine?

I would use belden personally though for the control's cable

Reply to Control 4 and relays in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net