Discuss Control Panel Certification in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

surreysparks

Hi All

We do a lot of testing, but this is the first job like this for us.

Basically a company are renewing the cables from a control panel to 7 motors etc, they are taking care of the controls etc.

We are due to test and certify the new SWA cables and terminations etc, which isn't a problem. We are not looking to provide some CE marking etc, we are just down to do the electrical certification.

Just wondering on the layout of the EIC and if someone had a link to one that had been filled out.

I use the click NICEIC software by the way.

Cheers guys

Hi All

We do a lot of testing, but this is the first job like this for us.

Basically a company are renewing the cables from a control panel to 7 motors etc, they are taking care of the controls etc.

We are due to test and certify the new SWA cables and terminations etc, which isn't a problem. We are not looking to provide some CE marking etc, we are just down to do the electrical certification.

Just wondering on the layout of the EIC and if someone had a link to one that had been filled out.

I use the click NICEIC software by the way.

Cheers guys

same as normal for the test certs the only difference is if the motors are inverter driven you need to bypass the inverter to do your tests then connect it properly.

the way the firm i trained with did it like this.

panel - isolator - inverter to isolater local to fan/motor.

this way you can join out the cable at the inverter to do all your tests to the isolator inc zs etc

The upstream OCPD is irrelevant for any cabling downstream of drive. The drive protects against earth leakage and OL not the fuse/mcb that supplies the panel or drive.

The upstream OCPD is irrelevant for any cabling downstream of drive. The drive protects against earth leakage and OL not the fuse/mcb that supplies the panel or drive.

Not all drives deliver earth leakage protection.

It's usually older drives that don't have this feature. An will if specified properly be protected with semi conductor fuses.

Never seen that Rob, every days a school day...

Either way, it's s head ache for your average tester/spark.

It's simple enough if one drive feeds multiple motors as they will have there own protection. The tripping curves can be had online for most MMS/overloads.

Reply to Control Panel Certification in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net