Discuss Conversion of phone box for defibrillator in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Seen a few adapted for use for a defibrillator amongst other uses, but never taken that much notice of the supply.
I understood when used as a phone box, the supply was un-metered!
What do the dno do about metering? Perhaps they'll change from It if a metered supply is the norm?

There was no metering fitted in the one I installed.
As far as I'm aware the local parish take over the supply when they take ownership of the phone box from BT so perhaps there is just a standing charge?

That vast majority of BT phone boxes are taken from street lighting circuits. They are un-metered and it's my understanding that they pay a basic flat rate based on expected current draw.

Normally only a lamp in the box roof is powered as the phone draws power from BTs network.

I did have the specifications somewhere as we're currently involved in a small cells project to increase capacity on town centre mobile networks and we're installing base stations in the roof of a phone box.

Reply to Conversion of phone box for defibrillator in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock