Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Conversion to TNCS within property. A concern? And EICR code? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all

Have attached photo. Was inspecting property earlier in residential apartments and as you can see the supply has been converted to TNCS within the property and after the meter. This is the first time I have come across this before. I'm led to believe any TNCS conversion should be done before the meter as falls on suppliers side of responsibility. Would this be a concern to you? Would you code it?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20201130-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20201130-WA0000.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 89

Flanders

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would speak to the supply authority as that does not look right.At you say the PME should be done at the cut out. Is that cable in metal conduit that has been cut off as for the EICR I would give it an FI at this stage

Reactions: DPG

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Looks like a metal consumer unit - was that recently changed?

Reaction score
Looks like a metal consumer unit - was that recently changed?
It was yes metal clad dual RCD. No company name on it and cpcs terminated via the sleeving so practically no copper making connection. Doubt highly done by registered spark. Think the supply set up has been like that for a while though

westward10

Admin
Mod
Reaction score
I'm guessing the supply is on the other side of the wall. It doesn't look too old to me from the dust on the terminal block and the debris from the hole made through the wall.

Leeroy

-
Reaction score
I have seen this a few times in large blocks of flats where it’s been converted in the mains room and just done that way in the flats .

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
ESQCR s8(4)
A consumer shall not combine the neutral and protective functions in a single conductor
in his consumer’s installation.

And I think I'd have to C2 that.

Reply to Conversion to TNCS within property. A concern? And EICR code? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.