Discuss Convert non-fused 3 pin to fused 3 pin in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Slizza786

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a car battery charge from the internet and it came with a non-fused 3 pin plug which I don't feel comfortable with so want to change it to a fused 3 pin. Question is what amp would I need to add to the plug?

Here are some details about the charger I bought:

-Input Voltage: 150V-250V
-Output Voltage: 12V
-Input Frequency: 47-63HZ
-Charging Current: 6A
-Battery Capacity:20~ 150ah
-Charging Mode: Three Steps
-Full load efficiency: ≥ 87%
-Working Temperature: -20~+90 ℃

Thanks in advance

Can you show a pic of the plug. If it is a moulded 13A plug without a fuse and they do exist you may have purchased an unsafe piece of equipment.

Reactions: DPG
As Westward says, these illegal non-fused plugs do crop up sometimes on dodgy Chinese equipment.

Can you show a pic of the plug. If it is a moulded 13A plug without a fuse and they do exist you may have purchased an unsafe piece of equipment.
It's attached mate. I noticed it does say 13A but as you said it's moulded and I'm not happy with it

Attachments

• 15776352749666746787285818578669.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: DPG
Yep, that's an illegal plug. Look at the lack of overhang of the moulding as well!
[automerge]1577635516[/automerge]
Claiming BS1363 as well. I claim BS something!

Trading standards are well aware of this type of garbage.

What I have done is this. Would this be safer?

Attachments

• 1577635506523221598230552442893.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 32
You have connected blue to the live terminal.

Also, the outer sheath should protrude past the cable grip.

If possible I would personally enquire about a refund. Those conductor colours are non standard to this country. Can you show a pic of the charger itself.

Reply to Convert non-fused 3 pin to fused 3 pin in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net