Discuss Converting 240V UK to 110V USA in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JeanGenie

Hi all

I am not an electrician as you will soon see. I always each year decorate the outside of my house at christmas to raise funds for the nurse's at our special care baby unit who saved my little girls life many times. BUt have recently seen the American decorations that pulse to music. I have purchased a system via eBay that will do this and have some 110V USA lights to go with it. The problem is that it looks a bit weak so would like to add some more lights to make it look better. The only lights I have are UK 220/240v. I have tried buying a step down converter but they keep blowing as the power pulses through them. Is there anyway to convert these UK lights to work directly with the 110V output system I have bought. I am using a building site 3.3KVA transformer to power the main unit and it runs perfectly. Its just that in previous years I have only ever used our normal UK voltage lights and would like to get them all working with the American system.

Hope I have asked the correct way and maybe someone out there can advise me on if its possible and if so how to do it.

Many thanks

JG

Reply to Converting 240V UK to 110V USA in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, We have a CNC router which uses single phase for the spindle, stepper motors and control box. This is all wired in and working...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a design engineer (2 years out of apprenticeship). I am in the process of amending some designs that are not quite to our company...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
An Invitation to Retired Electricians anywhere except the UK with Four Days a Month for a Niche Opportunity That Can Earn 15K a Year. There are...
Replies
Views
We built a retirement home in the Philippines and relocated here a little less than 2 years ago from Georgia, USA. My wife is a Filipina and owns...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock