Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Convertor from 240V/50HZ To 120V/60HZ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alfehdy

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello ,,

i want to buy a home theater system
which operate at 120V 60HZ consumes 165W
am from middle east the power here is 220-240V 50HZ
so can i get a safe device that transfer voltage and frequency which has an input of 240V/50HZ and output of 120V/60HZ?

plz give me advice ..

these are the home theater specs.
HT-SS2300 | Blu-ray Disc™ Player Matching Component Home Theater System | Sony | SonyStyle USA

go to specs. title

thanks

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
K

kung

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you must have use a power amp ! these can produce a few hundred watts at low distortion.But first contact manufacture and see if they actally have to be supplied at 60hz.
hope this helps

D

desertbootz

Easiest way to get that running is to move to Western Saudi or an oil rig, they use 120/60, otherwise it might make an attractive door-stop :O)

1johh6

Hi I am new to the forum but have worked in transformer design for about 10 yrs, Most AV electrical equipment in universal (ie it runs off a Swtichmode PSU 90-230v ac). But if not a standard 230V to 120V transformer will do the job 50/60 Hz will make little or no difference to the TX. It could also be Auto transformer making it much smaller.

Item's to do this can be found in many places including E**y

Regards

John

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Convertor from 240V/50HZ To 120V/60HZ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom