Discuss cooker cable 8mm or 10mm ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

paul777

-
DIY
Reaction score
hello all
just a post to check for advise please
taking my old cooker out the cable is 8mm
my new cooker has a rating of 9.1kw is this cable OK ?
specs, for my new cooker says ( cable h05w-fg 5x1.5mm 3x4mm )
why don't they just say 8mm or 10mm cable !
thank you Paul

Use 9mm. If the run is more than 10 meters you have to take into account Ib = kVa/v/pfc and that Zs = 1.72 x (r1+Ze). Double check the polarity as well. Some cookers are wired in 2 phase and earth but they're generally for restaurants where the max demand(6.3 ohms generally). Best of luck

H

8mm will cost a fortune. Two 4mm would would work out far cheaper.

Go away and troll somewhere else.

Offensive_zps681f5f10.jpg

I remember when working on building ikea Glasgow an electrician asking me if I knew where the 8mm cable was I sent him around the corner to ask my mates they told him to ask the foreman, the foreman sent him to pack his tools.
Never saw him again, he was always high on drugs. ****.

hello all
thank you Paul

They don't specify a cable size as they want to put the responsibility for danger back on to you. An 8mm cable will be fine if it's Heat Rated. If you struggle to find some, use 13.5 triple instead.

Ah but Biff, we should respect that young punk. After all he's an electrical engineer earning megabucks while us mere mortals....
Yeah right, then the alarm goes off and it's time for him to get mammy to fasten his shoe laces :)

Ah but Biff, we should respect that young punk. After all he's an electrical engineer earning megabucks while us mere mortals....
Yeah right, then the alarm goes off and it's time for him to get mammy to fasten his shoe laces :)
LOL, Ive heard some crap before haha, they will soon suss him out

Out of interest, what WAS that thread and is it still available to read?

I think it was an argument - sorry ... meaningful discussion - about the size of the green/yellow to an earth rod. I believe it's still here somewhere for reading.

To which my meaningful response would be whatever the adiabatic says it should be!

It's locked but still there Chris just look for the thread started by Axel Apparently he's neither an electrical engineer, spark or even employed atm.

hello all
thank you Paul

thank you all
9mm never heard of that size !!!
cooker is 2m away from cunsumer box and is a free standing cooker with hob
local diy store have 6mm 8mm or 10mm
thanks paul

Reply to cooker cable 8mm or 10mm ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net