Discuss Cooker cable size in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am not an electrician but consider myself to be very knowledgeable in installation works. Lately however, I have come across a problem when carrying out work at my home. I have supplied my cooker circuit in 1.5mm cable as stated in the 18th edition but have since had issues with my sockets. Does anybody have any ideas as to why? As you can tell I am not as knowledgeable at fault finding as I am at other electrical works!

Nice try but I'm not biting.

Where is this 1.5 cable connected from, it's protective device and anticipated loading.

thanks for the reply, it’s connected to the fuse box with all the switches on! Hope that helps
So you have connected a 1.5 cable direct to the consumer unit. What size fuse or mcb is protecting it.

Can you show a picture which includes the cable.

I cannot see a C32 mcb nor a 1.5 cable connected to such an mcb, from what I can see there is no new cable in the board. Show the cooker connection.

Last edited:

Reply to Cooker cable size in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi! DIYer here. I have an MCB running to a cooker isolator switch. The RCD connected to this set of MCBs is tripping and isolating the cooker MCB...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired ready for a new kitchen. I was originally going to have a gas cooker so a 3 pin 13a socket was left on the end of...
Replies
Views
So was on a call out today and cooker circuit kept tripping the RCD. Disconnected at the board and at the cooker switch and IR’d the cable and...
Replies
Views
(Trying again, as picture didn't post first time) Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me here. Below, I've pasted a sketch showing how...
Replies
Views
I have just had my kitchen redone and the kitchen rewired with a new 6mm cable installed for an electric cooker. However I have changed my mind...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock