Discuss Cooker Circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hawk

Hi all, my first post! Well, I was called to a job the other night because the cooker was tripping the rcd. Didn't have an insulation resistance tester with me so i disconnected the cable supplying the cooker from the cooker connection plate turned it on and still the rcd was tripping.Any way i narrowed it down to the cable between the cooker switch and the connection plate. So called back today with an insulation resistance tester to check the cable and it was clear! I then connected it back up the way it originally was, turned it on and voila, it stayed on.

The circuit supplying the cooker is a 35A mcb and that is protected with a 100ma rcd. Any suggestions why this would have tripped?:D

"So called back today with an insulation resistance tester to check the cable and it was clear!"

What was clear? IR was good? Or it was clear that there was an IR problem?

i think colly probably nailed it with damp. Twice i have been called out to cookers tripping the RCD in the c/u and both customers had the same fault.... They had just cleaned the hob and the gas igniter button had allowed water into the switch and causing fault to earth.
If only there were more people as keen on cleaning, i'd make a fortune!:D

Possibly an element breaking down and on it's way out......could be it only does it at a certain temperature.

Did you try all the rings + grill + oven???

Reply to Cooker Circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The electrician that installed my cooker circuit put in 10mm cable with a 32a fuse, a 45a cooker switch and 10mm cable to the backplate for behind...
Replies
Views
So was on a call out today and cooker circuit kept tripping the RCD. Disconnected at the board and at the cooker switch and IR’d the cable and...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi! DIYer here. I have an MCB running to a cooker isolator switch. The RCD connected to this set of MCBs is tripping and isolating the cooker MCB...
Replies
Views
Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock