• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Domestic cooker elements

Discuss cooker elements in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not open for further replies.


ive got a double oven and the elements have gone in both ovens can i replace the element on one oven and use this without it tripping the electric or will i have to replace the other one aswell even tho its not being used ??
thanks :seeya:


You can replace the elements individually. Best bet is to type the make and model number on ebay, I find they are normally cheaper to buy on there than your local appliance spares shop.

If one oven is not used, no need to change that element. As long as it is not turned on, it will not trip the mcb


Admin and gender confused
Staff member
If you just want to replace one element then remove the other faulty one at the same time and make the wiring safe. If you leave one faulty element in place it might still cause tripping problems.
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance