Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Cooker/Hob Socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fitzy

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

you have not voided the warranty, even if manu. tries it on. sometimes you need to cut a plug off to feed cable through a hole, then fit new plug.
Agreed if you fit a new 3 pin plug, I don’t like the moulded plugs personally, as I can’t inspect the cable connections inside, but,if you then hardwire it, you’re going against manufacturers instructions.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Agreed if you fit a new 3 pin plug, I don’t like the moulded plugs personally, as I can’t inspect the cable connections inside, but,if you then hardwire it, you’re going against manufacturers instructions.

You should use experience and knowledge also. Not just blindly follow whatever ropey instruction sheets come with stuff these days. There is nothing wrong with feeding an appliance from an FCU.

Reply to Cooker/Hob Socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.