Discuss Cooker hood - connection but no current in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi all,

i recently bought a flat and got a years old cooker hood in it.. which i am trying to replace..
all done but the connection inside it does not have power... tried all the switches on and stuff but still no joy..

any place where is should check .. or how to find the fault or where the connection may be ?

i have attached pics of the same.

Attachments

• Cooker hood - connection but no current exhaust fan on the right - EletriciansForums.net
    exhaust fan on the right.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Cooker hood - connection but no current main - EletriciansForums.net
    main.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Cooker hood - connection but no current owen cook below - EletriciansForums.net
    owen cook below.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 34
  • Cooker hood - connection but no current switches on the sid - EletriciansForums.net
    switches on the side.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 31
so what voltage do you have across the brown and blue in that JB, and is that D/P switch the one for the hood?

If you have a grid switch arrangement in the kitchen with multiple switches for different appliances it could be there ?

If you have a grid switch arrangement in the kitchen with multiple switches for different appliances it could be there ?
Maybe. Or it may come from under the bathroom floor, above.?

If you can't find a switched isolator and supply source, get a spark in.

Last edited:
hi all,

i recently bought a flat and got a years old cooker hood in it.. which i am trying to replace..
all done but the connection inside it does not have power... tried all the switches on and stuff but still no joy..

any place where is should check .. or how to find the fault or where the connection may be ?

i have attached pics of the same.
Is it plugged in
' ypu may have a duff fuse in the plug top

Ok found the actual switch beside the washing machine.. Written canopy on top of it.. Which is on... Will check the fuse thingy tomorrow morning
I'm all for DIY bro but please get a spark in. It will probably take them 10 minutes to find the problem and less than an hour all in to sort it all out. You're looking at about £100 max.

I'm all for DIY bro but please get a spark in. It will probably take them 10 minutes to find the problem and less than an hour all in to sort it all out. You're looking at about £100 max.

I'd agree with this. No shame in needing an expert in.

Reply to Cooker hood - connection but no current in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock