Discuss cooker hood lamp advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AJ16

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

The three 20watt 12V G11 lights on our Falcon cooker hood failed recently, first one went out then the other two. The original lamps that came with it are tungsten, I see that two of the 3 lamps look identical but have LED on them, the light coming out of it was identical to the non LED original lamp. The question is re the 12V transformer; will it run the LEDs ok with it long term?

Attachments

• IMG_6354.pdf
    83.3 KB · Views: 10
They probably will be fine, though some transformers intended for halogen bulbs have poor regulation so the LEDs might have a slightly shorter life. Still replacing them every couple of years is probably cheaper and easier than trying to replace the transformer with a dedicated LED driver!

If getting LED replacments check the colour temperature - the warm white are closer to halogen bulbs in colour, the "cool white" can be a bit sterile (at least in my opinion).

You need to post a pic of the 3 failed lamps, if the alleged LED lamps look identical to the tungsten it would seem unlikely they are actually LED.

Reply to cooker hood lamp advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, Currently 1st fixing new extension however the existing cooker hood duct which was on outside wall will now be part of new utility...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a property not looking under the the stairs at the electrics, now I’ve had chance and thinking about getting a new board...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Sorry for the long post but can find answers to my questions anywhere. I’m want to replace my old cooker hood for a new one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am fitting a Telecom 8 Compact burglar alarm system to a boat. The boat has both nominal 12v DC supply (ie up to 14.2 v when engine...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock