Discuss COOKER INSTALLATION ADVICE in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HELLO
i need to install Rangemaster nexus 110 cooker
the hob is 8kw
the oven is 15.5 kw
i dont know this cooker has two separate connection point for hob and oven or has it just one connection terminal ???

i was put 10mm (two core and earth) for oven and 4mm (two core and earth )for hob
the fuse board is 3 phase schneider acti9 (12WAY-36 MODULE)
i thinking to change the 10mm (TWIN AND EARTH) cable to 3 phase - 5 CORE cable (10mm)but i cant find 4 pole isolator switch for isolation and need recessed also! the house is wery expensive, so i need isolation switch which is looks nice!
also the fuseboard is 3 phase and no place, not possible to put 3 phase rcd in!
SHOULD I PUT THE 4 WAY METAL CONSUMER UNIT FOR 3 PHASE RCD FEED COOKER (OVEN) NEXT TO THE MAIN FUSEBOARD??

the cooker is 15 m away from D.B. and not isulation around ,just the cable run above plaster board celing!

the hob is 8kw and the 20 ammp grid isolation switch is no option !
or do i install two 45 amp isolator switch next to the cooker ?one for hob and one for oven (of course more then 30cm away)

I KNOW THE DIVERSITY CAN BE APPLYED BUT, I WOULD LIKE TO DO THE COOKER INSTALLATION IN WORST CASE ,IF THEY USING FULL POWER !

so please advice how can i do the installation!And please no contempt!
REGARDS

I would check your ratings. 15.5kW for ovens?

Most of us have been alarmed when first seeing one of these but diversity can be applied

IS IT TOO DIFICULT TO HELP ME A BIT? EASY JUST SAY LOOK APROVED ELECTRICAN!??

IS IT TOO DIFICULT TO HELP ME A BIT? EASY JUST SAY LOOK APROVED ELECTRICAN!??
Nebitomi
With respect, we can't give step by step advice to what appears to be a DIY request for help.
With what you have said in your post, getting an electrician in ti help you is the best advice in all honesty.

This appliance is dual fuel so you'll need a GSR to help you fit it.
Electrical specs from rangemaster site.

Additional Information The oven complies with EN 60350-1 Maximum output @ 230V 50Hz Conventional 2.2 kW Multifunction 2.5 kW Multifunction (with Rapid Response) - Forced Air Convection 2.5 kW Grill 2.3 kW Slow Oven - Bread Proving Drawer 0.2 kW
Maximum total electrical load at 230 V (approximate total including hob, oven lights, oven fan, etc.): 9.8 kW

Risking repeating myself again, I had to connect a similar Rangemaster oven. Originally installed by Rangemaster engineers, to a 32A supply. Rangemaster technical insisted it needed a 40A supply, but their was no option for me but the 32A. Worked fine, no issues. Had an 8.6kW myself, for which the Rangemaster engineer insisted on a 40A supply, which luckily I had. When I clamped on full wellie, never got over 13A.

This appliance is dual fuel so you'll need a GSR to help you fit it.
Electrical specs from rangemaster site.

Additional Information The oven complies with EN 60350-1 Maximum output @ 230V 50Hz Conventional 2.2 kW Multifunction 2.5 kW Multifunction (with Rapid Response) - Forced Air Convection 2.5 kW Grill 2.3 kW Slow Oven - Bread Proving Drawer 0.2 kW
Maximum total electrical load at 230 V (approximate total including hob, oven lights, oven fan, etc.): 9.8 kW
thanks! what is the gsr?

Reply to COOKER INSTALLATION ADVICE in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net