Discuss Cooker installation advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

On this occasion, 32A + 16A =48A
The other options are probably not available.
What did the electrician that came out say?

After all they have the best information and knowledge of the installation.

On every occasion 32 + 16 =48,thats a simple mathematical truth.
However that is not the correct way to calculate th eload on this circuit, you need to apply diversity.

On every occasion 32 + 16 =48,thats a simple mathematical truth.
However that is not the correct way to calculate th eload on this circuit, you need to apply diversity.
applying diversity to 48A. ( 10A+ (38A x 0.3)) = 21.4A. add 5A if isolator has a built in socket.

Reply to Cooker installation advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

DIYer question. I have a 32 amp supply going from consumer unit in garage to kitchen. It supplies an induction hob only. The cable is easily...
Replies
Views
Is this ok? 32amp breaker with a 6mm wire leading to fused cooker switch. This then leads with 6mm cable to hardwire point. Can i hardwire 2 x...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
I'm not an electrician. I clean cookers and today arrived to a rangemaster range cooker. Got started, and as part of my routine, I turn on ovens...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock