Discuss Cooker isolator, 2 appliances in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

robo83

-
Reaction score
Conducted a PIR on a property and when inspecting the cooker isolator I noticed that it was providing isolation to two ovens (both hardwired to seperate outlets). The specs of the ovens were 3kw each, however the Cooker circuit was wired from CU (32amp mcb) to isolator in 6mm then the two outlets were wired using 2.5mm in a ring circuit.

I know this isn't ideal, however the 2.5mm is covered by the 32amp breaker and so is the 6mm supplying the isolator.

What's your thoughts on this please.

A bit messy but technically fine. OCPD is sufficient and cable protected, load within parameters so...yeh as you say not ideal. Always a bit doubtful about lollipop circuits at the best of times.

Reply to Cooker isolator, 2 appliances in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have just had my kitchen redone and the kitchen rewired with a new 6mm cable installed for an electric cooker. However I have changed my mind...
Replies
Views
Hi all Some advice on this would be great. Due to wire a kitchen from scratch and in a pickle over the designing of the oven and hob circuits due...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, DIYer here, hoping for some advice before most likely calling in a spark. I'm looking to wire in new cooker and hob (separate units)...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I've searched these forums and have found quite a bit of good information, but not specifically to my query. My house is about 9 years old...
Replies
Views
Howdy experts, I normally run 6mm T+E for cooker circuits, housing authority spec. I'm changing my gas inbuilt double oven and hob for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock