Discuss Cooker supply 12kw correct cable size in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Adamk

-
Reaction score
Hey guys

I’ve run a 6mm for a cooker, runs about 10metres. The customers has changed her mind on the cooker and gone for a 12kw range. Went back today to finish off and saw this lovely surprise. I know you have to take diversity into account. But for my peace of mind. Would 6mm 32a MCB be fine?

Kind of panicking a bit as the jobs finished.

What you think? Please dont tell me to tell her to change it as that’s not really an option :( Thanks

nothing wrong with 6mm on a 32A unless the cable is covered in >100mm of insulation.

Well the things is that it’s inside a 25mm conduit under some screed for about 5metres... rest of it’s under the floors boards so got
Plenty of air. Thoughts?

Top tip from me - get your client to define PRECISELY which model that they want to buy before 1st fix and explain why you need this ......... then they think twice about changing their minds...
Yes this is the 1st time this has happened after many many kitchen jobs. Howdens muck up the kitchen layout and they had more space where the cooker was going to go, so they
Thought they would go for a wider and more powerful as they had more space....
Not ideal

What you have should be more than fine, On Site Guide suggests a 15kW Cooker is fine on a 32A MCB and 6mm Cable.

When customers change their mind it can be a PITA, had it before where it was a gas hob all the way so just a simple spur off the ring, got there to finish the job and no gas hob there, a blooming ceramic touch control electric one instead:rage:

Must be 10mm on a 40a mcb... with the cooker switch rated at 45amps... my personal choice
I meant from the outlet to the actual cooker, rather than from the OCPD to the isolator/outlet
I can’t recall seeing a domestic cooker/oven being able to take 10mm in its terminals

Reply to Cooker supply 12kw correct cable size in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock