• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Cooker Switch Melting Delonghi in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give me any advice.

I have replaced the Main Oven Selector switch on my Delonghi DFS 090 D0 three times and every 6 months or so it stops working and it’s melted.

The part of the switch that is melting is the bit that controls the main oven.

I keep thinking it’s the part that’s failing but this is the third one that’s melted.

The only thing I can think of and what I am looking for advice for is a while back the element was changed by a professional , if the element wattage was too high for the cooker would this cause the melting of the switch?

Thanks

IMG_2744[1].JPG

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
You must be logged in to see the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed

SparkyChick

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Cooker Switch Melting Delonghi in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom