Discuss Cooker switch replacement in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

I just had someone ask me to replace a cooker switch, like for like - thats not Part P is it?

Has someone got a list of whats Part P and not?

I would say no... Not notifiable.

Yes, it is in a "special" location but a like for like in a "special" location is acceptable. Eg.. Replacing a shower for another shower with the same kw rating is not notifiable, even though it is in a bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had someone ask me to replace a cooker switch, like for like - thats not Part P is it?

Has someone got a list of whats Part P and not?
It’s Part-P if anything to do with a domestic environment but since it’s like-for-like swap, it doesn’t call for notification..

Replacing a switch/socket is maintenance and therefore not notifiable.

That said a check of the EFLI and noted on the invoice is the way to go.

actually the doc Nicholas found (comes from one of the scheme providers I think?) says that upgrading supplementary bonding in special locations is notifiable. Not true if you read the exert from Richard.

Reply to Cooker switch replacement in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm not an electrician. I clean cookers and today arrived to a rangemaster range cooker. Got started, and as part of my routine, I turn on ovens...
Replies
Views
Hi, To give a bit of background, it is a Lincat ESLR9 electric cooker. It is very simple design with two fans and two elements. Two weeks ago...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Had to replace a Light Switch with a faulty dimmer. The New Light Switch is wired different from the old one but appears to work ok Can someone...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock