Discuss cookers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

xymalf

-
Reaction score
I was looking at two cookers the other day both are marked 0.73KWh

but one is 45Amp, the other 35Amp.

I assume this is to do with resistance of elements?

Can you work out Wattage of oven from KWh rating? and thus maximum current load?

I believe a kWh rating for an oven is a measure of how much energy is needed to keep it warm for an hour. So essentially a measure of how well insulated it is. I guess there must be some kind of standard for this rating, like at what temperature it is set, ambient temperature, etc.

This kWh rating is nothing to do with the current consumption (the 45 or 35A). Cookers are typically 7 or 8kW (assuming you mean combined oven & hob type) i.e. 35A x 230V = 8.05kW.

Reply to cookers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I'm about to replace our kitchen and one of the upgrades is to install two full size ovens to replace the original twin over under...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Good Evening. I’m currently carrying out an EICR. I have a cooker circuit radial with a 32amp mcb fed from and RCD split board. There is a 45amp...
Replies
Views
i am looking for some help with a decision i need to make. i am having a new kitchen installed but can decide between having 2 3.6kw 16amp ovens...
Replies
Views
A friend's partner has an interesting fault, if it is a fault. She sets the shut down timer on the cooker and when the timer goes off (which in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock