Discuss copy of 1st Amendment of 18th ed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Its free to view and read but apparently we have to pay £5 if we want to print it without the DO NOT PRINT written in the file.
I think they are a bit naive if they believe that! As good boys and girls I know you will only read it and not print it without paying £5...

The PDF is locked for printing, you don't think they would trust people to pay £5 if the option was there to print do you?

Although it is trivial to remove these sort of restrictions / watermarks from secured PDF's if you know how to... but i'm not sure of the legalities in doing that...

Maybe not. If as you say

who say Type A, if the above is to be believed/accepted then Type A may fail and anyone saying what you did above will hardly mitigate someone electrocuted in the shower. It may of course cover your derriere legally but should we not take into account such as the above and act accordingly? I am not sure what to believe on this matter @Julie or the manufacturers/technical support for the units, as effectively @Julie is telling us the manufacturers are wrong. And what @Julie has said does seem plausible. Although the link @snowhead gave did actually talk about type B being used especially in light of the 1st amendment.
At the end of the day we all walk a fine line between designing and installing work in accordance with the regulations which are non statutory as a way of demonstrating compliance with the EAWR 1989 which are statutory and a legal document. Within BS7671 it says to follow manufacturers instructions as they accept responsibility for the devices they design and how to install them. if something goes wrong you have the moral issue but what more can you do? some companies are already switching from type ac to type a rcds/rcbos and I think over the next couple of years we will see a singular type of RCD to cover all fault conditions and types at a reasonable price, especially given the prevalence of DC devices in modern homes ranging from tvs, computers, smart tech, even washing machines convert ac to dc now.

Maybe not. If as you say

who say Type A, if the above is to be believed/accepted then Type A may fail and anyone saying what you did above will hardly mitigate someone electrocuted in the shower. It may of course cover your derriere legally but should we not take into account such as the above and act accordingly? I am not sure what to believe on this matter @Julie or the manufacturers/technical support for the units, as effectively @Julie is telling us the manufacturers are wrong. And what @Julie has said does seem plausible. Although the link @snowhead gave did actually talk about type B being used especially in light of the 1st amendment.

I am agreeing with the manufacturer! - I have said repeatedly there needs to be a RDC-DD to prevent backfeed of continuous DC and a type A or higher rcd or rcbo to clear earth faults, they do two different jobs to cover different situations.

I have explained why they need both, not disagreed with them!!

To bypass PDF locking;
1. Download file
2. Upload to your favourite cloud storage
3. Access file on cloud storage
4. Print to PDF from cloud
5. Output PDF is now lock-free.

Note; You may find PDF is lock free at Stage 3, in which case don't bother with 4 & 5.

We can discuss legality another time, if they didn't want it printing so bad and want people's hard-earned money then there are plenty of other ways they can prevent it being printed, they just went for quick and dirty.

You're welcome.

Reply to copy of 1st Amendment of 18th ed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net