Discuss Corrigendum 1 to 17th Edition...... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Shakey

Hi people

just thought i would let you know that 'corrigendum 1' to BS7671:2008 has been published on the IET website

It looks like an ammendment to me, but it aint, its a 'corrigendum'

Is corrigendum a word? It is now, thanks to the IET

must use it more in everyday conversation:p

Hi people

just thought i would let you know that 'corrigendum 1' to BS7671:2008 has been published on the IET website

It looks like an ammendment to me, but it aint, its a 'corrigendum'

Is corrigendum a word? It is now, thanks to the IET

must use it more in everyday conversation:p

Perhaps it is up there with Pericabobulation and Contafibularity:D

I know they are crazed but corrigendum usually means publishing error. They do insist in terminolgy more suited to space beings, 'the publishers ****ed up would have done ;)

I know they are crazed but corrigendum usually means publishing error. They do insist in terminolgy more suited to space beings, 'the publishers ****ed up would have done ;)

They should make them take the manuals back and give you a free updated version. I think they change the regs just to make money out of the new manual, as an aside I bought my 16th edition last year and its falling apart already, the binding was really rubbish anyone managed to get a replacement as manual is unfit for purpose?

I would imagine the edition was proof read before going to print. The printer asks 'is all ok' yep go ahead says the powers that be...and later finds it was not. So the proof reader messed up, or the printers software got messed up. No doubt they will argue whom's fault it was. I agree, a brand new copy should be issued to anyone buying the dodgy copy. The printed copy should have been scrutinised exahaustively before going on general sale, as usually happens with text books.

Pass the buck, is all they do.

One day a serious error will be made. If a guy produces written proof in court, I wonder how they will argue?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Corrigendum 1 to 17th Edition is a quantactic cojugation of a terminological inexactitude.
BTW, The RED ONE is cut price on Amazon.

Reply to Corrigendum 1 to 17th Edition...... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock