Discuss Tell me the legal distance a induction Hob from a sink in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the Legal distance a induction Hob has to be installed from a sink please, my housing association say they are going to install one 12 inches from my sink and I said this is wrong, also it is to be installed under my window which I have to lean over the hob to open the window, this to I said is wrong , is there any Legal requirements for installing a induction Hob near a sink please.
Thank you .

None that I can think of. 300mm is a recommended spacing for switches and sockets etc. to be away from sinks and hobs and such but as long as they are not over them it is ok. I have wired in a hob that was built into a sink before, more than once. Kitchens in the UK are often very small, too small for some of these spacings.
MK17.jpg

unfortunately, if the manufacturers instructions don't specify a larger distance, I cant see any LEGAL reason why this cant be done.

I could be wrong and I would love someone to point out the reg no. but I cant find one.

Reply to Tell me the legal distance a induction Hob from a sink in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking at changing out my gas hob for the PIV851FB1E Bosch Induction Hob. The Induction hob is 7400W and by my calculations this would...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Recently a mate had a new kitchen fitted, he's gone for an induction hob and pyrolytic oven, no gas at the property. At 1st fix a single...
Replies
Views
Hi. We live in an older house and we are doing a loft conversion. We do not have an SPD on the connection to the grid and the builder's...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows whether there is such a thing as a distance learning version of the level 3 (C&G or EAL) Electrical...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock