Discuss Council Registered in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Apparently you can register to be on their data base by submitting your qualifications.
I believe it helps them when you submit a IEC when you are not in a scheme.
What do you guys think.

I think it is not permissible. The (Part P) approved document provides only for members of the Competent Person Schemes to be able to self notify electrical works that they gave done. There is a class of “third party” certification electricians, but these are again an extension of an electrician’s CPS membership.
If a council wants to swerve round the requirements of Building Regulations by keeping tame electricians then they could (and should) be in serious trouble.

I think it is not permissible. The (Part P) approved document provides only for members of the Competent Person Schemes to be able to self notify electrical works that they gave done. There is a class of “third party” certification electricians, but these are again an extension of an electrician’s CPS membership.
If a council wants to swerve round the requirements of Building Regulations by keeping tame electricians then they could (and should) be in serious trouble.
I think that when the council building inspector checks the work he will know beforehand that the electrician who did the installation is qualifIed.

I've read here some members have had their qualifications approved by their LBC for domestic ; there this guidance for LBC's from the IET.

However, when I approached my LBC to do notifiable work in my own property, I got this;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIuR-HjFho
your "this" does not work.
[automerge]1597474945[/automerge]
you can register with LABC. I am. it means i can notify jobs where BC are already involved with building work,, e.g. on an extension . they just wanted a copy of my quals. and then a copy cert for each job. however, not being in a scam, i can't notify changing a light bulb in a bathroom, unless the bathroom is new-build. crazy.

your "this" does not work.
[automerge]1597474945[/automerge]
you can register with LABC. I am. it means i can notify jobs where BC are already involved with building work,, e.g. on an extension . they just wanted a copy of my quals. and then a copy cert for each job. however, not being in a scam, i can't notify changing a light bulb in a bathroom, unless the bathroom is new-build. crazy.

Try again;

Nope that doesn't work either. Goggle 'Electrician Competence Recognition', then look for the IET page.

I was tempted to try and persuade my LBC with that document. But don’t wanna upset the apple cart just for my conversion. If I was still working, I’d give it a bash.

Reply to Council Registered in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net