Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Council? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stevenc_

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. :)

Alright, I'm Steven. I'm 16, and have been thinking of doing an apprenticeship with the local council. Although, my dad (who is a site manager) told me not to go with the council, because they have a bad rep, and are basically (NO SWEARING) altogether. And what I'm wondering is, do you guys think the same?

Thanks in advance, Steven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

diditrain

-
Arms
High stevenc, you wil have to look at the package on offer. Pay, pensions
Ideally you want to be getting training and experience in domestic/commercial and industrial if you are serious about this sort of work.

l

J

johnnyb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Steve, try and stick with the big boys, get the training and get everything you can out of em, if that be your local council, so be it, they will usually pay for your college, and grab any courses they have to offer, and with the bigger companies you willlearn all aspects of our trade, whome in my personal biased opinion is still the best trade going, you know why? all the other trades will have a bash at say plumbing, water doesn,t hurt, or joinery wood doesn,t hurt, painting the same as plastering, but all those trades of which i do respect, they won,t touch the electrics.

S

stevenc_

Thanks for the replies. :) I got a reply from the council - I'm off for my SECTT test on the 16th. So things are looking quite good.

K

kung

Used to work for council as electrician on domestic rewires etc etc trouble also is that half dont care what the job looks like ive seen some right crap some are good though the way i look at it is if i wouldnt do a crap job in my house why should they have one done just because its a council house ! you'd be better off with southern electric or another DNO etc worth it in the end !
Regards
Kung.
P.S. Good luck with SECTT.

Last edited by a moderator:
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Council? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom