Discuss Counterfeit Copies Of Wiring Regulations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HandySparks

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Counterfeit copies of the regulations being transported from Latvia have been seized by Trading Standards in Dover.

The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) has alerted the electrical industry to the dangers of using counterfeit copies of key publications like the IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2008(2011).

This announcement comes following the seizure in Dover by Kent Trading Standards of a consignment of 845 counterfeit copies of the IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2008(2011) which was intercepted by staff from the UK Border Agency as it made its way to the UK from Latvia.......

Trading Standards Seize Counterfeit Copies Of Wiring Regulations | Professional Electrician & Installer

There are already some counterfit copys around my friend from college baught a copy of the new regs of amazon and when he was doing an assignment at college he got told that his answers was wrong but his calcs wss right he later found out that all his ccc of cables and the vd was not the real values that are in bs7671 so he got ripped off by amazon

There are already some counterfit copys around my friend from college baught a copy of the new regs of amazon and when he was doing an assignment at college he got told that his answers was wrong but his calcs wss right he later found out that all his ccc of cables and the vd was not the real values that are in bs7671 so he got ripped off by amazon

So he got a refund?

Cant blame Amazon, they wouldn't knowingly flog dodgy stuff, and they would bend over backwards to sort it out, they have a reputation to maintain, and would take these off sale in a flash. I bet they have got (had) loads of them.

I bet they are fairly easy to spot if you look carefully. With anything like this, there are usually hundreds if not thousands of spelling mistakes and poor grammar used throughout.

I have used my regs book for the courses dozens of times, and i can't recall seeing even one spelling mistake.

The genuine rest book always has pin sharp text and pin sharp diagrams, anything less is probably dodgy.

Cheers………….Howard

It would be fun if they had sent copies of the Latvian wiring regs. At least you'd know something was up. Wrong values...?! Can't the forgers use a photocopier?

I don't understand what numb-nut would try to smuggle hard copies of the wiring regs into the UK from Latvia. There's e-book copies splattered all over the internet and surely it would be easier to print the things once you're actually in the UK.

One of the wonders of the useless EEC, allow in everybody then do nothing about the dumbing down across Europe.

It'll end in tears, or conflict more likely.

I dont get it....
You have a book with basic text, images and covers without any real anti-counterfeit protection which can be copied by a child of 5 and somehow they cock it up?

WTF.....

More to the point why the hell would we (the UK) buy regs books from Latvia??

Beggars belief really....

So, somebody is copying the BGB, then introducing errors?

I presumed a copy is exactly that. A scanned copy into PDF then print a book out?

I have a mental picture of some crazy Eastern European bloke frantically tapping away at his key board because he hasn't got a photo copier....

As JulianC states these countfits have got to be just copies, and as such will only affect the IET's income!! I don't really blame anyone from purchasing a decent copy, considering the OTT price of the originals, that seem to get changed/updated almost on a bi-yearly basis!! lol!!

I am also going along with what JulianC and Eng54 are saying. why would you rewrite the regs. It takes time and money. I would have thought they are just copies of the original.

I bought the brb as a PDF on disk from ebay. Someone had scanned every page from cover to cover and made quite a good cheap copy really. I think it was a fiver.

Reply to Counterfeit Copies Of Wiring Regulations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net