Discuss Counterfeit electrical parts! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
In the current climate, where warnings about the dangers of couterfeit parts seem to pop up on verious sites, I unfortuatly find my self with a question on the subject.

Haveing some maximum Earth Fault Loop Impedance (EFLI) problems with some old QOE Square D MCB’s, that are know longer made.
Bought some of the newer type QOE’s, from an online store, as these have the type B,C,D range that the old one didn’t, they were all type 4, which would give a higher max EFLI, range and therefor compliance with the 17th edition.

However, some of them look suspect.

1/ The SCHNEIDER Logo is upside down on the suspect ones and the font of the CE mark is not the same

2/ The cut out by the busbar connection clip is much shorter on the suspect ones.

3/ The identification stamp has turned, and is not in line with the edge, as it is on all QOE's of this type we already have.

4/ Extra cut outs, these mirror the cut outs found only on the other side of all the QOE's we already have.

5/ Extra round recces not found on the QOE's we already have.

Also one of our production engineers says, there is a lot of shrinkage in the plastic moulding in comparison to the QOE's of this type we already have.

I have emailed the technical dept at Schneider, and recived this answer.

Thank you for the information, I have past it up to my managerand he will look into the mater.

So in the mean time I though I would ask here to see if any one else has come across this.

I can't seem to get a picture onto this that would help the above numbered discriptions.

Up Date

Schneider have asked to be send some of the MCB's to them for test to make sure, but think from the information and picture they are fake.
Actualy the say they will send two replacement if I send them the spec for the fake QOE MCB's, they must have a secrete supply!

Last edited:

Reply to Counterfeit electrical parts! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock