Discuss Counterfeit on-site guide in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ash_s3

Do I have one?
Front cover seems a very dark shade of green to me and I've noticed a mistake in the conduit sizing.

Purchased from Amazon.co.uk this week

image.jpg

image.jpg

Phoned Amazon they were very helpful and are investigating it, also emailed the IET.
If it comes to it I'll just but one from local book shop and get refund from amazon.

Just worried my regs book could be the same as it's not been delivered yet, also from amazon but through a different seller

I can't see how even if it is counterfeit, the content would be any different. All they would be doing is copying the pages... It'll cost them a fortune to reproduce the content themselves and getting it wrong in the process!! lol!!

Mmm strange.

Note on the conduit page it says "Covered Dy" whereas mine (2 years old) properly says "Covered by".

Why would that be altered whether counterfeit or later edition?

Didn't spot the Covered Dy bit!
The seller has contacted me offering a replacement AND a full refund including postage costs to return the dodgy one.

Regs book arrived today, posted from India, also a fake.
Quality of print is shocking and there's lines down the pages from a copier!

Wont be be shopping with amazon again, this is taking the pee now.

Apparently when the real version was all scanned and printed as the fake version in Eastern Europe somewhere (latvia i think), the scanner read 'by' as 'dy' on many occasions, also the real versions covers fade very easy, the fakes don't lose their 'greenness' as easy. I believe 15,000 copies destined for the UK were seized at Dover a few weeks ago.
All this info came from my 2394 tutor !

Phoned the IET and they couldn't have cared any less, just told me to retun to Amazon.
You'd thought they would be interested in knowing about people copying their books as it's taking money away from them.

About 10 yrs ago when I was in college a lads missus worked for a printing company and he was getting her to knock up a bound copy of the brown regs book for a tenner, quite a few of the lads had one for that price!

Reply to Counterfeit on-site guide in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net