Discuss Counterfeit Sharp Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
One of our suppliers has informed us of “suspicious spot offer” that has been circulating recently.

They wrote:

The deal is offering Sharp NU180 panels cheap. Sharp have investigated this offer and concluded that the panels are
counterfeit. The fake offer is shown below and has been available via several brokers

Sharp NU 180W, up to 1.8MW, Price: EUR 1.44 - 1.48/W (shipment from Dover Port UK)
(offered products have slightly different specification compared to Sharp original module)

Be aware that these cheap module offers are fake and always bear in mind that if something appears to be too good to be true, it often is. If you become aware of such as a suspicious offer in the future please contact Sharp.

Thought I would post this so we are all informed.

May be we ask Admin to post a sticky for this type of post?

Last edited:
Thread now stuck

Mark even,
while im here can you advise of suitable size equipotential bonding conductor, does it have to be 10mm2 as stated im my course?
in one of my reference books it states 4mm2 can be used but a number of factors have to be met, benefical to me for a smaller CSA for obvious reasons, and im running the dc cable and bond in 20mm Kopex, saves me buying 25mm have loads at the yard.

Mark even,
while im here can you advise of suitable size equipotential bonding conductor, does it have to be 10mm2 as stated im my course?
in one of my reference books it states 4mm2 can be used but a number of factors have to be met, benefical to me for a smaller CSA for obvious reasons, and im running the dc cable and bond in 20mm Kopex, saves me buying 25mm have loads at the yard.

We have used inverters with transformers only to date so have not had the need to bond and that's only if its PME. If there's lighting protection installed then I has to be bonded back to the MET. As the governing bodies can't agree on the do's and dont's I stand by it. If you do bond it I would expect to see it in 10mm regardless.

hello, I am new to the forum and I hope this question has not been asked before. now that p.v.cells have become so cheap(approx. 2000 watts of cells for £860.) If you built your own panels would it be possible to have them certified as acceptable for a grid tie in system. In other words Is there any point in making your own panels.

In short, no. Getting them certified is not a straightforward process. To have them certified you would need to demonstrate production techniques and strict quality scrutiny.

Hmm this worries me..... I have a customer who wants to install a system but only wants Sharp panels and an SMA inverter. I haven't used either of these so far so can anyone recommend a reputable supplier who can sell me a competitive kit. Preferably a northern suppler.

The customer wants quoting on a 10kw and 4kw system if this makes any difference.

They do and they're a wee bit cheaper than Segen but their service is rubbish. I use them as a last resort only. My advice would be Segen or Waxman first we've had both Sharp and SMA from them all and all been fine. Mind you struggled with the french SMA installation manual yesterday :)

Only purchase from Sharp Approved Distributors and you can't go wrong.

As for Cleaner Air... try us again! We've improved our ordering procedures and I've increased the size of my team. Hopefully we can win you back..

Only purchase from Sharp Approved Distributors and you can't go wrong.

As for Cleaner Air... try us again! We've improved our ordering procedures and I've increased the size of my team. Hopefully we can win you back..

Let's hope you have sorted out the exceptionally rude female rep you had on your stall at eco build .
We were in the process of opening up a account's after enquiring on the phone the week before with a polite and helpful lady in accounts i think , but after eco build we binned it !
Not wishing to rub salt in the wounds but that lost you a 107 kw order to segen just on that one alone !

I do not wish to derail this thread but upsetting installers is never our aim, please give us a call sometime and ask for Michael I'm sure we can talk things through.

I have to say that Michael sorted our problem out earlier in the year, but the tone of the emails is less than friendly, even now and it's not very long ago when we had to let down 2 customers because the Sharp official supplier - Cleaner Air - sold us (and took the money) a pallet of panels they didn't have. Good prices alone are not enough and for an area of the country renowned for their friendliness - it seems to have bypassed this company. Sorry guys 10/10 for pricing but 6/10 for service and I need a combination of both.

Supply of modules has been tricky in the last couple of months due to large demand from a huge project in the south of the country (that we unfortunately had no part of :) ). This coupled with a resurgent European market hasn't helped us to keep up with demand. We've since fought for the UK market to be better recognized and we're seeing this shortage ease.

As for not being friendly, for this I can only apologise if we came across this way. I feel that business relationships develop over time, are you at Green Build this year? We'll be having a few drinks on the stand one night and you are welcome to join us :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Counterfeit Sharp Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock