Discuss couple of questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nicsin02

awrite guys just a few wee questions

1. at work there is a transformer fed direct from a 3-phase breaker, when testing IR can i test it from breaker or do i have to disconnect from transformer? would the 500v damage the transformer?

2. was testing Zs at a start stop 3-phase isolator, it was only a 4-core cable so earth was obtained with the armour gland, when i was testing one of the phases to the lock ring there was a small arc and a small chard mark on the lock ring, is this normal, lock ring was solid and i got a good Zs for all phases?

3. when your looking to see how many points are on a circuit, is a double socket 1 or 2 points, is a spur and outlet 1 or 2 points, is a light switch a point, if a light has 4 bulbs is that 4 points?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
1, Yes test from MCB, and No shouldnt damage Transformer, but a little vauge on the infomation.

2, It will arc if you dont hold the conection tight. I blew a hole through a kitchen sink when I was an apprentice! so dont panic.

3, Thats open for interpritation. I take its current using items. So a light is 1 a switch doesnt count. a sw spur controlling a socket is 1, a cooker pannel with socket is 2. (one for cooker one for socket) a twin socket is counted as one.

Reply to couple of questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock