Discuss Course Access Training in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

GRZEGORZ

Hey everyone, I'm Greg. I'm a new member of that forum. Would like to be trained as a electrician but don't really know which way I should go. Someone introduced me to access training academy and they course but I'm not sure if that's the good way for a start. It's fast track course. Have a look in a attachments and please give me your opinion.

Attachments

• 131_professional-electrical-weekend_Course.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Hey everyone, I'm Greg. I'm a new member of that forum. Would like to be trained as a electrician but don't really know which way I should go. Someone introduced me to access training academy and they course but I'm not sure if that's the good way for a start. It's fast track course. Have a look in a attachments and please give me your opinion.
First thing that strikes me after a glance through the prospectus, is to become qualified to do PATesting, you do not need to be qualified to do this job, only COMPETENT. Maybe I misread you post, are they saying you can be qualified as a DI in a weekend? laughable imo.

Course is about 6 weeks or is going on weekends is up to me to choose. I need to know if is worth it. Cost over 4 grands. I know practical training is essential. So after course work as a electrician mate. Where to start and which course I should choose at the beginning so I could be DI. Everyone offer different certificates.

As said in the past.. You may make a bit of money being a self employed DI, however there isn't much money in domestic as there are some many DI's, kitchen fitters, plumbers, alarm companies & IT people all fighting for the job.
These short courses infuriate me. I worked tirelessly for almost 5 years to get qualified and these courses make people believe they will be electricians in 6 weeks. They should be banned

It's not just that, these poor people part with their money and believe they're going to get lots of work and lots of money. Reality is that you'll just be fighting on price with all the other DIs, plumbers, kitchen fitters, IT experts and alarm companies now doing domestic electrical. We call them the 3 - 6 monthers,... it's normally how long they last before they figure out there's no money in it / go bust.

That's right. It's not the people doing the courses it's the ones selling the dream to people. I nearly fell for one years ago and fortunately came to my senses. I worked with a 6 week electrician once and I was asked to check his work so I took a socket off and he reversed live and neutral and he used an impact driver to tighten the terminals so the socket just came of in my hand because he snapped the cores. Shocking to think this could happen in people's homes

That's right. It's not the people doing the courses it's the ones selling the dream to people. I nearly fell for one years ago and fortunately came to my senses. I worked with a 6 week electrician once and I was asked to check his work so I took a socket off and he reversed live and neutral and he used an impact driver to tighten the terminals so the socket just came of in my hand because he snapped the cores. Shocking to think this could happen in people's homes
He must have been one of Kenny Ken's mates a "Boil in the bag" Sparky then, That description is Classic.

He must of been. He thought he knew it all as he was qualified and I was still a mate at that point. Sadly for him he didn't know anything and he lost his job that week. Going the quick and easy route does not pay. Put in the hard work and it's returned ten fold when finally qualified.

For a start £4K is way OTT. Based on personal experience I cannot recommend Access Training. Did a course with them last year and still fighting to get issues resolved. They'll take your money, but then have little interest in student progress . You might be lucky and get a good instructor but it's not worth the gamble. Local college route is cheaper and better.

Reply to Course Access Training in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock