Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Course for a newbie? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andy H

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, I'm looking to find out more about electrics, with a view to gradually building up my knowledge and hopefully getting into the industry.
I know it's not easy to get in, will involve a lot of hard work and will take a good few years to get to be a fully qualified electrician.

At the moment I am just looking for advice on courses or materials to give me a decent basic understanding of things before I take things further.
Any ideas on what you think would be a good starting point would be really helpful.

Cheers.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
B

Bane

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A decent basic understanding of things before you take things further?

I take this to mean you'd like to know what is entailed in the relevant courses and what they consist of?

I have no idea :)

But I do know that the City and Guilds 2330 would be your best starting point. Check any local college in your area for enrolment, info, course start dates, costs, etc. Your looking at 2-3yrs full time study.

Another and probably more practical way to do things is to try and gain employment with an electrical contractor as a labourer to see if you like the work before you commit yourself to any course/s.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Course for a newbie? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom