Discuss courses & career paths? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mcvee

I have the opportunity to get additional qualifications/training paid for by an insurance claim due to the injurys I sustained in a work related accident.
I have got the ball rolling and will start the 2391-20 design & verification course this week, my previous qualifications are;

16th ed 2360, NVQ 3
JIB apprenticeship completed jan 2001
2391 insp & test, may 2003
17th ed 2382-10, july 2008

I have gained a broad range of experience in various fields of electrical installation since leaving school back in 1996. I normally take on the role of foreman/supervisor and have always enjoyed my job, more so being 'on the tools'.
Due to health reasons related to my accident and work based H&S issues my time spent 'on the tools' is now decreasing and Im finding myself in a more office based role, and to be honest Im pretty gutted:(. The design course has been started in a bid to get my brain used to the theory again! and maybe broaden my horizons.​

If the course goes well I would like to further my studying and that leads me to some questions;
  • What other courses are available?​
  • What is the next level up and where could it take me?​
  • What other 'electrical' based/linked careers are out there?​
  • Has anyone else been in a similar situation?​
Any advice is appreciated, I need some ideas for a meeting I will soon be having with a vocational advisor for the additional training/re-development.

Many thanks;)

Why have you posted this again?

You got great advice less than 24-hours ago!

PS use the 'thanks button' when you receive advice, it shows appreciation and cultivates good favour...

Last edited:
I have the opportunity to get additional qualifications/training paid for by an insurance claim due to the injurys I sustained in a work related accident.
I have got the ball rolling and will start the 2391-20 design & verification course this week, my previous qualifications are;

[video=youtube;wHidlxvO0pg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHidlxvO0pg[/video]

IQ....... cheers for the info on the 'thanks button', now I know a little bit more about using these forums!
There is no denying the advice was useful, I did not want to seem ungrateful by posting again, its just that I later noticed this sub forum and only thought it to be more relevant than the newbie section? Only wanted to reach as many peeps as poss!, sorry.

BS 7BU.........Top video, im sure I've seen that guy about. Really made me laugh, thanks!

Funny Video. But like yourself I am interested in broadening my knowledge base and would be grateful for any info on the City and guilds 2377 PAT course. I really want to take the course in London. And not be travelling way out to take the test. Please someone point me to a good course provider college or otherwise. I want to start by next month if possible, and possibly sooner.

im doing the 2391 20 now, as far as i know the next step is 2 years at uni, with kids and bills im thinking this.ll be my last course.

west lothian college mate. exam was dec 7th but cancelled due to snow. next exam date is sometime in march. its going fine, depends on the exam paper really, might pass might fail. tryin hard tho hence all the time spent on here. i find the advice of some guys on here a real help, you have steered me in the right direction a few times mate and for that thanks.

west lothian college mate. exam was dec 7th but cancelled due to snow. next exam date is sometime in march. its going fine, depends on the exam paper really, might pass might fail. tryin hard tho hence all the time spent on here. i find the advice of some guys on here a real help, you have steered me in the right direction a few times mate and for that thanks.

Thanks, it's a great forum, good luck!

Reply to courses & career paths? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net