Discuss Courses needed to become a industrial maintenance engineer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am a wind turbine maintenance technician and commissioner, with a level 3 nvq in electrotechnical Installation and maintenance. I am finally done with the industry and want to work at home in one of the local manufacturing companies, I have come across a course which I think may help me get a job

Could anyone tell me if this would be suitable?
Many thanks

What makes you think you're not up to the job already ? I would of thought your NVQ is a decent starting point. Maybe go with more useful course (useful if you want to move around) most companies expect 18th edition and a real bonus would be C&G 2391. these are well recognised all over.

What makes you think you're not up to the job already ? I would of thought your NVQ is a decent starting point. Maybe go with more useful course (useful if you want to move around) most companies expect 18th edition and a real bonus would be C&G 2391. these are well recognised all over.
Hey David,
I just thought the plc course would give me a good start in the industry.
So you think I should just start applying for jobs before the training?

Hey David,

It wont hurt to apply for a few jobs, if you get one then great,
if you don't, you can get some valuable feedback from the interview as to what experience and qualifications would help to get the job in future.

Hey David,

Yes, if you at the very least have your 18th, my company or any of our contractors won't even look at you if you don't have it.
Don't be bothered about that external training as most decent employers will send you on the training they want you to do.

Reply to Courses needed to become a industrial maintenance engineer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net